_Hell's Foundations Quiver (Safehold)_ by David Weber
Lynn McGuire
2017-03-05 21:41:33 UTC
_Hell's Foundations Quiver (Safehold)_ by David Weber

https://www.amazon.com/Hells-Foundations-Quiver-Safehold-David/dp/0765361558/

Book number eight of an nine book off planet post apocalyptic series.
There will be more books in the series as it is being stretched out in
excruciating detail. I read the MMPB version. I will buy the next book
when it comes out in MMPB.

The 1,000 years of middle ages are ending. The Empire of Charis and the
Church of God Awaiting tied up in a death match with each providing
rapid advances in war technology to their armies. The death toll of the
armies and civilians is simply breathtaking. And the evil of the Church
of God Awaiting knows no bounds.

The book is 929 pages long. There are two appendixes in the book. The
first is 111 pages about the characters in the first eight books. The
second is a 29 page glossary of places and things. Like I said,
excruciating detail.

BTW, we do know how the Safehold series ends. Or, do we ? "How the
Safehold series won't end (Thu Apr 18, 2013)"
http://www.davidweber.net/pearls

My rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars
Amazon rating: 4.2 out of 5 stars (516 reviews)

Lynn
void
2017-03-13 09:50:09 UTC
Post by Lynn McGuire
[...]
https://www.amazon.com/Sign-Triumph-Safehold-David-Weber/dp/0765325586/
ref=pd_sim_14_6?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=82VVC8TQACK27GX6B7BF

Now we know how it ends. Kind of anti-climatic but still satisfying. I
give this one 4 out of 5 stars. David is starting to remind me of L. Ron
Hubbard with all these massive tomes he rolls out. As long as he doesn't
start a new cult it'll be okay though. I think it's time for him to
revisit the world of the "Excalibur Alternative."