_Treecat Wars_ (Star Kingdom) by David Weber and Jane Lindskold
Lynn McGuire
2014-08-26 18:47:36 UTC
_Treecat Wars_ (Star Kingdom) by David Weber and Jane Lindskold
http://www.amazon.com/Treecat-Wars-Star-Kingdom-Weber/dp/1476736634/

Book number three in a series of three books. I do not
know if there will be more books in the series. I like
the fact that Baen published this book in trade paperback
format with a YA price.

After the great fires across the planet, many of the
treecats no longer have a place to live with available
food. Finding a place to live without existing treecats
is not easy and not all treecats are friendly to clans
crossing their land.

My rating: 3.6 out of 5 stars
Amazon rating: 4.2 out of 5 stars (105 reviews)

Lynn
Lynn McGuire
2014-08-27 03:52:41 UTC
Post by Lynn McGuire
_Treecat Wars_ (Star Kingdom) by David Weber and Jane Lindskold
http://www.amazon.com/Treecat-Wars-Star-Kingdom-Weber/dp/1476736634/
Book number three in a series of three books. I do not
know if there will be more books in the series. I like
the fact that Baen published this book in trade paperback
format with a YA price.
After the great fires across the planet, many of the
treecats no longer have a place to live with available
food. Finding a place to live without existing treecats
is not easy and not all treecats are friendly to clans
crossing their land.
My rating: 3.6 out of 5 stars
Amazon rating: 4.2 out of 5 stars (105 reviews)
Lynn
I enjoyed this. The human villains are a bit too clueless and indeed could have been left out without harming the story. The humans working with the Treecats are a bit too ready to leap to correct conclusions about what the 'cats want or mean.
There are several plot threads not wound up, including at least two budding romances among the teen characters. I expect further sequels, at least if it sells, this did not feel like an ending book to me.
-DES
Yes, there is the feeling of another book or two in
the works. I do not think that Weber is writing the
series though.

Lynn